Safe Studio Facts
- All cleaning products are EPA approved, and CDC recommended
- The Mist Duster disinfectant fogger machine is used at least once daily in all rooms
- UV light is installed in the HVAC system
- There is at least 6 feet of distance between students during class
- Daily wellness checks for Staff
- Frequent hand hygiene, sanitizing stations located in every room
- Enhanced and frequent cleaning in ‘high traffic” and “high touch areas”
- Student bathroom is disinfected after every use
- Lesson plans are revised to accommodate social distancing, and safety
Checklist for Students BEFORE Coming to the Studio
- Home wellness: temperature check. If a student is feeling ill in any way, STAY HOME.
- Bring a water bottle only (NO food).
- Bring dance shoes in a clean,clear plastic bag. Everyone must have dance shoes (or tumble shoes)
- Arrive dressed in appropriate dance attire, hair in a ponytail, headband or bun
- Arrive no more than 5-10 minutes before class
Protocols and Etiquette at the Studio
- All Students will remove street shoes and place them in a cubby, sanitize hands prior to entering the studio and after class leaving the studio.
- Inside the studio, students and teachers will maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Students will place their water bottle and mask on a taped spot along the perimeter of the wall (6 ft apart). Wearing a mask during class is required.(updated 10/7/20)
- Students should find their individual pre-taped 6×6 ft dance spot on the floor.
- Teachers will wear a face mask or face shield. Teachers will work to maintain social distance amongst students during class
- Teachers will eliminate partnering and limit floorwork to maintain social distancing
- Teachers will not touch any dancer, as they normally might, to provide dance/tumble corrections, unless safety dictates otherwise (ie spotting in a tumble class)
- Parents must be prompt picking up their child as there is no seating or waiting area
As the NY State recommendations, and guidelines change, so might HDTC’s protocols.